Group sexuality education programs are interactive and fun while they offer participants a chance to learn from each other’s questions and experiences.
My programs educate and empower, while providing information you can begin using immediately. Contact me about upcoming programs or to create your own event.
- Older adult programs shake loose stereotypes and misconceptions about sex and aging, helping participants enjoy the richness of sexuality in older age.
- Adult programs increase knowledge of sexual function and pleasure, build relationship and communication skills, and offer tips for adapting to changes in relationships, age or health status. Adult programs can be held in library conference rooms, restaurant private rooms, or other spaces with an element of privacy from children or others who aren’t participants.
- Women’s programsincrease sexual empowerment, body image, and self-esteem. Special topics include coping with changes related to peri-menopause, menopause, cancer and chronic illness. For sheer fun, consider hosting a sex ed party for a bride-to-be, divorcee, or friend celebrating a milestone birthday.
- College programs are highly interactive, relaxed programs that answer young adults’ questions and empower them to make informed sexual decisions. Programs can be sponsored by Greek-life organizations, student activity planners, professors, coaches, gay-straight alliances, campus clergy, etc.
- Parent programs offer parents the basic information and inspiration they need to be their children’s primary sexuality educators. Parent-adolescent programs focus on preparing youth for the physical, emotional and social changes that accompany puberty.
- Teen programs focus on values-based social and sexual decision-making designed to enable teens to reach their academic and life goals.
- Adolescent programs help pre-teens prepare for puberty. Topics include typical emotional and physical changes, personal hygiene, menstruation and self–care, decision making and changing sleep/nutrition needs. Parental permission or co-attendance required.
Contact Dr. Melanie to schedule a program for your group.